Saturday, August 23, 2008

Big Holes and Angry Cats!!

*DUE TO THE GRAPHIC NATURE OF THIS STORY AND PICTURE VIEWER AND READER DISCRESTION IS ADVISED*




Two days ago I wake up to Kater laying on my face. Normally this would not be a problem but this was not normal. I was petting him and I felt a strange lump on is side. I ignored it and kept petting him. I then decided to get out of bed and get ready for the day. After about an hour my Veterinary intuition started to speak to me. So, I went into the bedroom to find Kater. I found him in the exact spot that I had left him so I laid back down on the bed and parted his fur. I couldn't see anything where I had felt the lump so I gave his side a little squeeze and much to my surprise a whole lot of puss and blood came rushing out all over the bed. Now, I was used to seeing this kind of stuff but never in my own cat so I was not prepared for it. I ran out of my room and grabbed a paper towel to mop up the crap that had just come out of his side. By thid time Kater was so angry with me that he was cowering under the bed and not wanting to come out. When Todd got homw he held Kater whike I shaved away the fur around the area and what I found was a nice big puncture wound from him and Haru fighting. I have to keep it clean and drain it every 3 hours till it is completly empty. Loads of fun!

No comments: