Sunday, February 17, 2008

Big Explosion!!!!

So, right after bath time I came out to write my blog about our fun when all of a sudden BOOM!!!! Our windows shook and I thought that we were going to die.

We live right next to the mall in Provo and just down the street in Springville a plant blew up and it shook all the way to our house. No one knew what happened. Todd ran outside to see what had happened and saw that many of our neighbors were outside calling police. I was still inside and freaking out. We had just put Kayl in bed and he was almost asleep when the explosion happened. He started screaming. Todd came back inside with no clue to what had happened. So, we calmed Kayl down and then both went outside to find out what happened.

As we were outside I overheard a woman talking on her phone to one of her friends and I heard her say that she doesn't know if we are safe or if we need to be evacuated. The cops still didn't know what was going on. I got on the phone and called our friend Kevin to ask him if we had heard or felt anything. He hadn't because he was in is theater room and watching a really loud movie. So, Todd decided to call our other friend Brooke and she said that she had heard it and felt it. She still didn't know what was going on so I told Todd to turn on the news and sure enough 1 min after we had done so we heard about the explosion.

We still don't know if we are totally safe because there may be hazardous stuff. The cops will let us know if we have to leave. I'm still really scared because it was so loud. Oh well, at least I have Todd and Kayl.

No comments: