Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Peggy Sue's and Vegas (June 23)

We woke up at 8 a.m. and had the car packed by 8:30. We were on the road by 9 a.m. on our way home. Kayl was so sad to leave his cousins.
Anyway, we drove until we got to a little city called Yermo which has a cute cafe and gift shop called Peggy Sue's. We ate some lunch there and Todd took Kayl around back to see the Dinosaur park they have.











After Kayl got his wiggles out we piled back into the van and headed to Las Vegas, where I had already made our hotel reservations at the Circus Circus.
When we got there we checked in and once again went swimming. Have I told you how much Kayl loves water?
By the time we were done Kayl was exhausted and didn't want to go over to the Adventuredome so he just passed out. Todd volunteered to stay in the hotel room so Rachel and I could go wander around for awhile.
On our adventure we stopped so Rachel could sit and take a smoke break. At the same time Todd called me to tell me that the roll away bed had arrived. While I was on the phone with him my knee cap decided that it would take a vacation of it's own. It popped completely out of it's socket and went to the left side then it headed over to the right side before going back into it's socket. I fell down so fast that Rachel just stared at me. She didn't know what to do. I was still on the phone with Todd and I really didn't want to cry so I just started laughing about it.
It took me an hour to walk back to the hotel room. My knee is still swollen but hurts less.
I decided that it was time for bed so I passed out with a bag of ice on my knee.

No comments: