Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Primm and Calico (June 18-19)

We left our house on Saturday the 18th at around 7:30 a.m. We were so excited to leave, Kayl ran to the van and sat right down in his seat, it was so cute. We drove down to St. George and made a quick stop there for my favorite food, Jack in the Box.

Whenever I go down to St. George I have to stop there and get a Sourdough Jack with an Orange Fanta.

We then headed straight to Primm. Primm is a little city right on the border of California and Nevada. It also has a huge roller coaster called the Desperado. Todd convinced me to go on it with him. I started to panic when we were waiting for the ride to come back and pick us up. The video above my head kept explaining the ride and how fast it goes. It's goes from zero to eighty in a matter of seconds and the first drop is a 225 ft drop. As scary as it was, I had a great time on it.
We stayed the night in Primm so it didn't feel like such a long drive.
We woke up at 7 a.m. thanks to Kayl. Since it was Fathers day I decided to take Todd and Kayl down to the Denny's for breakfast.
After we ate, Todd ran back to the room and grabbed our luggage and we were on the road by 8:30.
Our next stop was a little ghost town called Calico. It was so hot, but it was really interesting to see the town. I even learned that there is about 6 million dollars worth of silver still in the hills above Calico, but it would cost nearly 10 million just to process it so it would not be worth it. LOL.







After about an hour of wandering the town we got back on the road and headed to Anaheim to find our hotel. We were excited to find out that we were staying at the Howard Johnson which is literally a five minute walk from Disneyland.

No comments: